- In a pan, add sugar, water, lime juice and let sugar dissolve completely.
- When sugar comes to boiling point, remove from flame. Keep aside.
- Take corn flour bowl, to it add around 100 ml of water and mix to a nice thin batter.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee into a non-stick pan without switching on the flame of stove, then add corn flour mixture and switchon flame by putting to lowest flame possible.
- When it is getting slightly thicken, switch off the flame then add sugar syrup in small quantities and keep mixing it.
- After sugar is completely poured to make slightly thicker consistency, switch on flame, then add ghee little by little and keep stirring it.
- To it, add pinch of color (of your choice), cardamom powder, when ghee oozes out of the halwa mixture.
- At last, add chopped cashew nuts and mix it. switch off the flame.
- Let it set for 1 hour by pouring it in serving plate, then cut it into small cubes.Delicious Bombay Karachi Halwa is now ready to serve.